February 15, 2022 Key considerations for the Maximalist
We love maximalism design for its lush colours and the “you can’t mess this up” style it delivers. Decorating trends kept minimalism strong for many years, until the idea of Hygge and the comfort lifestyle swept in. Decorating for comfort meant filling our homes with things we love. Maximalism means enveloping our homes with even more of those things. This style isn’t messy or random — you can’t achieve the look simply by filling your space with decor. You don’t have to commit 100% to maximalism, but you can borrow the best of the trend to transform your space.
Here are the key considerations to take into account when working with a Maximalist outlook in the home:
– Load up on lots of colour.
– The more artwork the better.
– Strive for comfort and add only the decor that you love.
– Maximalism is a book lover’s dream — you can’t have too many books.
– Don’t strive for perfection, strive for personalization.